- 34. By Andreas Hasenack on 2011-07-22
* Try to load the old persist file if the current one doesn't exist or is
empty (LP: #809210).
* Fallback to gethostname to get something interesting out of get_fqdn.
* Fix wrong ownership and permissions when the reporter is run as a result
of applying a repository profile (LP: #804008).
* Keep original sources.list ownership (LP: #804548).
* Refactored tests (LP: #805746).
* Preserve permissions of sources.list (LP: #804548).
* Added a broker command line option (--record) that saves exchanges with the
server to the filesystem
* Detect if running in a vmware guest (LP: #795794).
* Report VM type when run in the cloud (LP: #797069).
* Report VM type in non-cloud registration (LP: #795752).
* Report the package reporter result even in case of success, not just in
case of failure (LP: #780406).
* Report package reporter errors (LP: #732490).
* Fix dependencies for hardy removing references to python 2.4 packages for
pycurl and dbus (LP: #759764).
* The landscape client now reports whether it is running on a virtual machine
* Add a plugin which manages APT sources.list and the associated GPG keys
* Limit the number of items in a network message to 200, to prevent problems
when communication is interrupted with the server and the client
accumulates too many network items, thus overloading the server when it's
available again (LP: #760486).
* Updated version number in __init__.py so that the client reports the
correct one in its user-agent string.
- 33. By Chuck Short on 2011-04-12
* debian/control, debian/rules: Add quilt
patches/ fix-landscape- monitor. patch: Fix landscape:
monitoring with gir1.0-gudev-1.0 installed. (LP: #747498)
- 32. By Andreas Hasenack on 2011-03-01
* New upstream version (LP: #727324)
- Exit gracefully instead of crashing when the filesystem is
read-only (LP: #649997).
- Drop hal requirement (LP: #708502).
- Enable HTTP compression in Curl (LP: #297623).
- Explicitly name log files that need to be rotated (LP: #634236).
- Assorted test suite fixes
- Use a better load check for the sysinfo wrapper, taking into account the
number of cores (LP: #643565).
- Add an option to bootstrap cloud instances using cloud-init
- Fix packaging for Natty (LP: #688115).
- Force deletion of all the persist data for the monitoring plugins at
zation, instead of relying each one of them to do
- Don't send the mount-activity message to the server anymore
- Workaround a new behavior in NetworkManager where getfqdn would report
localhost instead of useful hostname (LP: #649142).
- 31. By Andreas Hasenack on 2010-09-20
The client network plugin would send erroneous data if a network
interface was removed (and its kernel module removed as well) and
then readded (LP: #641264).
- 30. By Free Ekanayaka on 2010-07-28
* New upstream version (LP: #610744):
- The Eucalyptus management plugin reports the output of the
describe- availability- zones verbose' command, which includes
information about the available instance types and the maximum
number of each instance type that the cloud can support (LP: #599338)
- Check if the package directory exists before trying to check the
package changer lock in the dbus-proxy. This fixes a bug when upgrading
a dbus-landscape which never registered (LP: #603514).
- Allow an LDS server to bootstrap new cloud instances with its own CA,
which is picked up by the client, written to a file on the instance, and
used in subsequent exchanges with the server (LP: #605079).
- Skip loopback interface when reporting device info (LP: #608314)
- Disable landscape-sysinfo when load is more than 1 (LP: #608278)
- 29. By Free Ekanayaka on 2010-06-28
Filter duplicate network interfaces in get_active_
interfaces (LP: #597000)
- 28. By Free Ekanayaka on 2010-04-21
* New upstream version
- Fix smart-update failing its very first run (LP: #562496)
- Depend on pythonX.Y-dbus and pythonX.Y-pycurl (LP: #563063)
- Make only one request at a time to retrieve EC2 instances (LP: #567515)
- 27. By Free Ekanayaka on 2010-04-07
* New upstream version (LP: #557244)
- Fix package-changer running before smart-update has completed (LP: #542215)
- Report the version of Eucalyptus used to generate topology data (LP: #554007)
- Enable the Eucalyptus plugin by default, if supported (LP: #546531)
- Use a whitelist of allowed filesystem types to instead of a blacklist (LP: #351927)
- Report the update-manager logs to the server (LP: #503384)
- Turn off Curl's DNS caching for requests. (LP: #522688)
- 26. By Free Ekanayaka on 2010-02-10
* New upstream release (LP: #519200):
- Add a message for creating package locks (LP: #514334)
- Add support for auto-approved change-packages messages (LP: #517175)
- Add support for installing server-generated debian packages (LP: #509752)
- Add support for reporting Eucalyptus topology information (LP: #518501)
- Fix timeout while inserting large free-space message (LP: #218388)
- Fix wrong log path in motd (LP: #517454)
- Fix race condition in process excecution (LP: #517453)
- 25. By Free Ekanayaka on 2009-12-16
* New upstream release with several bug fixes:
- Fix landscape daemons fail to start when too many groups are
available (LP: #456124)
- Fix landscape programs wake up far too much. (LP: #340843)
- Fix Package manager fails with 'no such table: task' (LP #465846)
- Fix test suite leaving temporary files around (LP #476418)
- Fix the 1hr long wait for user data to be uploaded following a
sation (LP #369000)
* Add support for Ubuntu release upgrades:
- Add helper function to fetch many files at once (LP: #450629)
- Handle release-upgrade messages in the packagemanager
plugin (LP: #455217)
- Add a release-upgrader task handler (LP: #462543)
- Support upgrade-tool environment variables (LP: #463321)
* Add initial support for Smart package locking:
- Detect and report changes about Smart package locks (#488108)
* Packaging fixes:
- Turn unnecessary Pre-Depends on python-gobject into a regular Depends
- If it's empty, remove /etc/landscape upon purge
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)
- Stacked on: