lp:oggconvert

Created by Tristan Brindle on 2007-01-26 and last modified on 2010-05-23
Get this branch:
bzr branch lp:oggconvert
Only Tristan Brindle can upload to this branch. If you are Tristan Brindle please log in for upload directions.

Branch merges

Related bugs

Related blueprints

Branch information

Owner:
Tristan Brindle
Project:
OggConvert
Status:
Development

Recent revisions

25. By Tristan Brindle on 2010-05-23

Update ChangeLog and version info.

This is 0.3.3

24. By Tristan Brindle on 2010-05-23

* Use "StartupNotify=true" in the .desktop file as it doesn't seem to hurt
  anything, and apparently makes things better with gnome-shell. Fixes
  LP: 539971

23. By Tristan Brindle on 2010-05-23

* Update translations from Launchpad, add ar, da, el, ja, lv and ro.

* Do a bit of ChangeLog updating

22. By Tristan Brindle on 2010-05-23

Use the new "quality" property on the Schro encoder to set the quality, rather
than the old "noise-threshold". This increases the required Schro version
to (I think) 1.0.8, but that's fine since we now require it to be in
gst-plugins-bad.

21. By Tristan Brindle <tristan@smugtop> on 2010-05-23

Add support for the newly-opened VP8 codec and the WebM flavour of Matroska
(if the user has the right GStreamer elements installed, anyway).

Also, schroenc detection no longer working since it moved to gst-plugins-bad

20. By Tristan Brindle on 2008-09-16

Remove spurious GenericName[en_GB] added to oggconvert.desktop by
Nautilus. Fixes bug #270986.

19. By Tristan Brindle on 2008-09-14

* Change setup.py to include .mo files in source tarball, allowing
translations to work without having to install OggConvert

* Update ChangeLog, README for release

This is 0.3.2

18. By Tristan Brindle on 2008-09-12

Just some minor things:

* Show a message in the progress bar for the first three seconds rather
than being blank

* Reword the "authors" bit of the about dialogue so that the wrong
people don't get e-mailed about OggConvert :)

* We've got a lovely SVG logo, so let's show it off in the about
dialogue

* The transcoder now accepts any URI for output, as it does for input.
This means that in theory it can save to remove locations. As with
input, this mostly works, but is slightly confused by the fact that
the GTK file selector uses GIO, but GStreamer uses Gnome-VFS (at least
on my system). Hopefully future GStreamer versions will bump the rank of
GIO so that gets used instead.

17. By Tristan Brindle on 2008-09-12

Merge latest translations from Launchpad. Added ca, frp, he, hu, lt,
mt, nb, sk, sr, tr, zh_TW.

(We now have an impressive 30 languages, including English.)

16. By Tristan Brindle on 2008-09-12

* Use time() rather than clock() for working out elapsed encoding time,
 which should sort out time remaining being way off on AMD64. Hopefully
 closes bug #250174.

* Add a version check on the Schroedinger encoder at startup, we require
 1.0.0 or newer. This means we can...

* Remove the warning about Dirac encoding being experimental, since it's
 not any more.

* The quality sliders now go down to zero. As a side-effect, this means
 that OggConvert's quality settings should correspond to those of
 ffmpeg2theora (for video, at least).

* Use "perceptual weighting" by default in the Dirac encoder, as
 recommended by the Schro author. This results in dramatically smaller
 output files at the same noise threshold (and slightly faster encoding
 times), at the expense of a slight loss of picture quality. I think
 it's worth it.

* Really don't update the progressbar in the first three seconds of
 transcoding (it wasn't quite right before)

* Ask the transcoder for the stream duration every time we update the
 progressbar. This should fix the problem of files reporting that
 they're "120% completed" for example (this often happened when
 transcoding from MPEG).

Branch metadata

Branch format:
Branch format 7
Repository format:
Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)
This branch contains Public information 
Everyone can see this information.

Subscribers