Code review comment for lp:~jks/mailman/hcaptcha

Revision history for this message
Jim Popovitch (jimpop) wrote :

> I assume you aren't just asking permission to create and maintain your own
> branch on Launchpad and add it to your PPA, since you don't need my
> permission/approval to do that, so I guess you are asking for commit
> permission on https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1 and the
> ability to add new releases to https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/,
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/ and https://sourceforge.net/projects/mailman/
> and perhaps the ability to update
> http://www.list.org, https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman and
> http://mailman.sourceforge.net/.

All that would be wonderful, but that's overkill. What is needed is the ability to approve new features and to commit them into the original and common code base that has been in place for decades now. Sure, anyone can do that in their own fork, but the mm2 project is where it should be done. I understand that your personal opinion is that you don't want to do that. No one should be upset or offended by you deciding that you don't want to do something; people should applaud that.

> If that is the case, I suggest you start by making a proposal to mailman-
> <email address hidden>.

Noted. I don't see a need for any great changes other than one or two additional people to test and approve new features that come up once or twice a year. I'll make a post on the list to ask for one or two others to join me in coming up with a proposal. Thanks.

review: Approve

« Back to merge proposal