Code review comment for lp:~danci-emanuel/mailman/messages_support

Revision history for this message
Robin J (robin-jeffries) wrote :

> > So, msg is an object, so why not just make the thread_id an attribute of the
> > object? (I don't want us to get to far away from what mailman is doing, and
> > that seems to be what mailman is doing with the other info about the
> message)
> >
> > I'm refering to
> > moderator.py
> > messages.py
>
> Yes, theoretically that can be done. So than I should go with changing the
> initial dlist model and add the 'thread_id' to msg instead of adding it to the
> msgdata? This means that I will only have to keep in mind to search the
> thread_id in the msg object instead of the msgdata one, when doing the rest of
> the actions from DlistUtils.

Yes, this makes it easier for you, and doesn't confuse a future reader of the code about why thread_id is different from other data related to the message. (The old dlists were a private addon, so they wanted to keep as much separate from existing mm objects as possible, but this work is going into core mailman 3, so it's more important that it be parallel to other parts of that code)

« Back to merge proposal