- Ubuntu branches
- 96. By Kees Cook on 2008-09-28
patches/ ubuntu/ stack-guard- quick-randomiza tion.diff: do
light-weight randomization of the stack guard value instead of using
a static sentinel (LP: #275493).
- 95. By Michael Vogt on 2008-06-20
[ Michael Vogt ]
- really add "findutils (>= 4.4.0-2ubuntu2)" to the libc6 depends,
this needs to be done in sysdeps/depflags.pl the regular
depend lines in debian/
control. in/libc are just ignored
- 94. By Matthias Klose on 2008-06-10
Do not run the testsuite on hppa ("threading on hppa is kinda goofy,
so the thread-stressing testsuite breaks").
- 93. By Matthias Klose on 2008-06-03
[ Michael Vogt ]
- add a depends on findutils (>= 4.4.0-2ubuntu2) to libc6 to ensure
that xargs is unpacked before the new libc6 is unpacked. The xargs
from hardy crashes with the libc6 from intrepid (LP: #234345)
[ Matthias Klose ]
* Merge Debian 2.7-12:
[ Aurelien Jarno ]
alpha/submitted -procfs_ h.diff: don't include elf/asm.h on alpha,
as it has been removed from linux-libc-dev.
cvs-ioperm. diff: don't include asm/page.h as it has been removed
from linux-libc-dev. Closes: #480892.
hppa/cvs- atomic. diff: don't remove "memory" asm constraint. Fixes
FTBFS on hppa.
* Update Swedish debconf translation, by Martin Bagge. Closes: #482467.
* sysdeps/amd64.mk, sysdeps/i386.mk, control.in/main: bump g++-4.3 build-depends
to (>= 4.3.0-2) to make sure the cld fix is applied. Use gcc-4.3 on amd64
any/cvs- iconv-braces. diff: new patch from upstream to fix various
nscd.conf. 5: update nscd.conf manpage. Closes: #482505.
[ Clint Adams ]
* Add any/cvs-
regex_anchor. diff to fix performance anomaly with ^$.
[ Samuel Thibault ]
hurd-i386/ cvs-termios. diff: update patch, fixes compilation of jove.
hurd-i386/ local-pthread- unsupported- stubs.diff: new patch to
declare the unsupported function stubs, fixes compilation of pike. Also
bump the dependency on hurd-dev to get <gnu/stubs-
hurd-i386/ local-unlockpt- chroot. diff: new patch to fix ptys in
- 92. By Matthias Klose on 2008-05-11
* Merge from Debian:
any/local- no-pagesize. diff: don't include asm/page.h from
sys/user.h on alpha. Closes: #480295.
any/submitted- user_h. diff: don't include linux/user.h from
sys/user.h. Closes: #480093.
hppa/submitted- fesetenv. diff: fix fesetenv() on hppa with
- sysdeps/arm.mk, sysdeps/hppa.mk, sysdeps/s390.mk, control.in/main: use
gcc-4.3 on arm, hppa and s390.
shlibs- add-udebs: new script from Frans Pop to correctly compute
the udev dependencies. Closes: #474293.
debhelper. mk: remove linda overrides installation.
- control.in/main: relax a few dependencies.
debhelper. mk: avoid creating empty directories when building
- 90. By Matthias Klose on 2008-05-09
* New upstream version, built from a prerelease tarball.
- Remove patches applied upstream: amd64/cvs-
vdso_clock_ gettime. diff,
cvs-atomic. diff, hppa/hppalll.diff, sparc/submitted -v9v2.diff,
cvs-gai_ conf.diff, any/cvs- epoll_h. diff, any/cvs- ether_line. diff,
cvs-ethertype. diff, any/cvs- fchmodat. diff, any/cvs- gcc-4.3. diff,
cvs-iconv- iso2022jp- loop-bug. diff, any/cvs- rfc3484. diff,
cvs-sched_ h.diff, any/cvs- strtod. diff, any/cvs- tzfile. diff,
cvs-vfscanf. diff, any/cvs- wchar_h. diff,
cvs-sunrpc_ rpc_thread. diff, any/cvs- strerror_ r.diff,
cvs-short- for-fnstsw. diff, any/local- strfry. diff,
submitted- ieee754_ h.diff, any/submitted- link-local_ resolver. diff.
- Update patches: i386/submitted-
- Add new symbols.
- Remove GLIBC_PRIVATE symbols not found anymore in 2.8:
tls_get_ addr_soft@ GLIBC_PRIVATE, __nss_services_ lookup@ GLIBC_PRIVATE.
in/libc. install: Relax file location for snapshot builds.
- 89. By Matthias Klose on 2008-04-05
* Probably built on the good buildds last time; pessimize expected
test results on ia64, i386.
expected_ test_summary: Fix typos in expected sparc results.
- 88. By Matthias Klose on 2008-04-04
* Adjust debian/
- Fix typo for i386 xen.
- crypt/sha512c fails on i386 (log-test-
i486-linux- gnu-libc) , but not on
the PPA build.
- Add current results for ia64, powerpc, sparc.
- 87. By Matthias Klose on 2008-04-03
* Merge remaining changes from 2.7-10 (r2869:2892).
* If RELEASE_
UPGRADE_ MODE is set to `desktop', make the glibc/restart- services,
restart- failed and glibc/upgrade questions of medium priority (and
restarting the services automatically). LP: #174002.
Works as well around the upgrade errors mentioned in LP #205079 in a KDE
environment, when the upgrade is done using the update-manager.
* debian/rules: Always use the package settings for *FLAGS, not the settings
from the environment.
* Fail the build if regressions are found running the testsuite compared to
expected results from debian/
expected_ test_summary. Take initial values
from a PPA build predating this upload.
* Merge from Debian trunk:
ld.so.8: fix libraries search order. Closes: #473458.
- Update Finish debconf translation, by Esko Arajärvi. Closes: #473802.
- Add any/cvs-
strerror_ r.diff to make strerror_r actually thread safe.
rules.d/ build.mk: Call `sync' before building the tarball of
supported locales. Our buildds trigger http://
lkml.org/ lkml/2007/ 8/1/337
on every build.
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)