This version of PyRoom is being designed to behave similarly to Q10, a very popular distraction-free editor for Windows.
Code is based on the current 0.4.2 PyRoom development branch.
The goal of this project is to add features that I want to PyRoom, and have them available for general release as quickly as possible. Many of these features will later be ported back to the plugin system of PyRoom, once the plugin architecture makes it's way into the trunk branch and is considered stable.
Enhanced features introduced in this branch:
- User configurable "paragraph spacing" enhances readability.
- "Display full path in status area" option toggles whether or not PyRoom should display the full pathname.
- Five "partial wordcounts" per buffer. Keep track of the number of words you've typed this session, in the last hour, or since the last paragraph. Partial word counts can be toggled on/off via the Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+5 hotkey combos.
- Rearranged the status bar for easier reading at a glance. Will soon have the option to revert to "classic" status bar.
- Page count. User definable based on number of words per page. Default 250.
- Customize status bar items (choose whether or not to show characters / words / lines / pages on the status bar)
- Optional time displayed on status bar
- "Flow mode" (As found in TextRoom) prevents the user from deleting or removing text.
- Typewriter sounds. (People seem to love them.)
- 2. By Tim Farley on 2009-12-03
Added partial wordcounts ctrl+1 through ctrl+5 (similar to those found in Q10). Modified the status line to read using colons instead of commas for separation. I think it reads more cleanly this way. The original code is still there, and will at some point be user selectable. Added partial wordcount keymodifiers to help buffer
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)