Merge lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/mm3-pofile-fixes into lp:~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0-obsolete-do-not-use

Proposed by Stephen Turnbull
Rejected by: Barry Warsaw
Proposed branch: lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/mm3-pofile-fixes
Merge into: lp:~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0-obsolete-do-not-use
To merge this branch: bzr merge lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/mm3-pofile-fixes
Reviewer Review Type Date Requested Status
Barry Warsaw Needs Resubmitting
Review via email: mp+10799@code.launchpad.net
To post a comment you must log in.
Revision history for this message
Stephen Turnbull (stephen-xemacs) wrote :

Fixes for #418523.

The first patch fixes the 'fatal' errors due to mismatched EOLs.

The second patch fixes the duplicate warnings.
Because only mailman.pot has "#, template" flags, and no other
mailman.po does, I chose to remove the duplicates which contained
that flag. I left the originals which don't contain that flag.

The third patch is gratuitous and of dubious legality. I "fixed up"
clearly bogus copyright notices (eg, unchanged from the template in
mailman.pot) by attributing copyright to all authors visible in the
header. I also added some additional explanation to mailman.pot.

N.B. At the time of writing, the World's Slowest VCS[tm] is still
hobbling along with the upload. <sigh />

Barry Warsaw (barry) wrote :

> Fixes for #418523.
>
> The first patch fixes the 'fatal' errors due to mismatched EOLs.
>
> The second patch fixes the duplicate warnings.
> Because only mailman.pot has "#, template" flags, and no other
> mailman.po does, I chose to remove the duplicates which contained
> that flag. I left the originals which don't contain that flag.
>
> The third patch is gratuitous and of dubious legality. I "fixed up"
> clearly bogus copyright notices (eg, unchanged from the template in
> mailman.pot) by attributing copyright to all authors visible in the
> header. I also added some additional explanation to mailman.pot.
>
> N.B. At the time of writing, the World's Slowest VCS[tm] is still
> hobbling along with the upload. <sigh />

Sigh indeed. It looks like this branch never made it. And unfortunately now the lp:mailman branch is under 2a format, so your original merge proposal won't work. Can you either re-branch, and re-push or just attach a diff.

Revision history for this message
Barry Warsaw (barry) :
review: Needs Resubmitting

Unmerged revisions

6792. By Stephen Turnbull

Fix up copyright notices and header comments.

6791. By Stephen Turnbull

Remove duplicate translations for 'ar'.

6790. By Stephen Turnbull

Fix msgid vs. msgstr EOL mismatches, fatal in Debian msgfmt.
Partially addresses #418523.

Subscribers

People subscribed via source and target branches

to all changes:
to status/vote changes: