- Daniel Manrique
- 36. By Daniel Manrique on 2011-11-18
New upstream release (LP: #892268):
* Generate a submission.xml file that contains all device and attachment
* Write the report before reporting the validation error.
* Changed device.product to dmi.product for the formfactor (LP: #875312)
* Use gettext for string (LP: #869267)
* Move progress indicator to main checkbox dialog instead of a
transient window (LP: #868995)
* Ignore malformed dpkg entries in package_resource (LP: #794747)
* Reset window title after finishing a manual test (LP: #874690)
* Handle "@" in locale names (as in ca@valencia).
* Went through all the job files and:
* Updated descriptions to match Unity UI structure
* Added descriptions where necessary
* Added further details to some descriptions
* Moved some jobs to more appropriate files
* Fixed job names in older job files to match new naming scheme
* Added jobs to local.txt to ensure all job files are now parsed
(this allows easier addition of existing tests to whitelists)
* Changed remaining manual job descriptions to match the new format
* Updated CD and DVD write tests to be more clear about when to skip
them (LP: #772794)
* Rewrote all job descriptions to match OEM QA syntax
* Fix the code that assigns keys in checkbox-cli so that it never assigns
keys which have other uses. (LP: #877467)
* Show details of unmet job requirements (LP: #855852)
* Ensure that connect_wireless chooses a wireless connection from the list
of available connections (LP: #877752)
* Have the bluetooth/detect tests require a device with the category
BLUETOOTH to run, thus preventing the test from failing on systems with
no Bluetooth device (LP: #862322)
* Rename attachment jobs to not have a forward slash in their name
* Guard against trying to write files to logical partitions on USB sticks
(which will obviously fail) in usb_test (LP: #887049)
* Make the OpenGL test ignore the return value of glxgears and improve
the test description (LP: #890725)
* Allow input/mouse test to run if a TOUCH device is present
* Broken job dependencies fixed (LP: #888447)
* Regex support when specifying blacklists and whitelists on the
commandline (LP: #588647)
- 35. By Daniel Manrique on 2011-09-29
New upstream release (LP: #862579):
* Remove test for FTP connection from network_check script (LP: #854222)
* Update a parameter in usb_test to have it run faster.
* Remove record_
playback_ after_suspend from Ubuntu Friendly whitelist (LP: #855540)
* Fix minor typo in multi-monitor friendly resolution_test script which caused
resolution test to fail (LP: #855599)
* Remove storage_
devices_ test from Ubuntu Friendly whitelist since bonnie++ (which it uses) is not installed by default (LP: #855841)
* Changed description and name to reflect Ubuntu Friendly branding. Now when a user searches for Ubuntu Friendly in the lens, Checkbox will appear (LP: #852036)
* Reset the selections at the test suite prompt if No is selected at the recover prompt (LP: #861208)
* Save the connection name(s) instead of the interface name so that they can be reconnected to properly after the wireless before/after suspend tests have completed (LP: #861502)
* Make connect_wireless use the UUID of the connection instead of the name for greater reliability (LP: #862190)
* Restored _recover attribute, re-enabling welcome and test selection
screens (LP: #852204)
* Remove memory/test from the Ubuntu Friendly whitelist (LP: #853799)
* Use diff instead of grep, better comparing of empty files (LP: #852014)
* Apport integration: new mandatory "tag" value in ApportOptions (LP: #852201)
* Add warning prior to starting the tests (LP: #855328)
* Apport integration: Fix instantiation of Gtk.RadioButton, needed due
to PyGI related API changes (LP: #805679)
* Remove ping -R parameter that apparently caused ICMP packets to be dropped
by some routers (LP: #861404)
[ Evan Broder ]
* Replace resolution_test with an implementation which uses GdkScreen to
be multimonitor-aware (LP: #632987)
* Fix names of optical drive tests and remove a non-existing test from the
whitelist (LP: #854808)
* Fix wireless_*_suspend jobs so they recreate iface file instead of append
each time (LP: #855845)
* Clarify better the intend of the is_laptop question (LP: #861844)
* Fixed dependencies for tests that depend on suspend/
* Fix cpu_scaling_test (LP: #811177)
* Added support for wildcards when verifying the transport certificate.
* Applying depends across suites (LP: #861218)
- 34. By Daniel Holbach on 2011-09-15
New upstream release (LP: #850395):
* Redirecting stderr to pipe to fix the gconf_resource script (LP: #832321)
* Clear jobs directory when user selects No to recover question (LP: #836623)
* checkbox/job.py: Guard against bogus timeout values (LP: #827859)
* More explicit handling of string decoding/encoding, avoids problems with
non-ascii characters (LP: #833747)
* Changed architecture from all to any for checkbox base, to build
specific binaries (LP: #833696)
* Several corrections necessary due to test name changes or typos found in
* Connecting hyper text widgets only once (LP: #827904)
* Detecting MMC readers as OTHER instead of DISK (LP: #822948)
* Validating the hostname in the SSL certificate (LP: #625076)
* Validating the submission.xml (LP: #838123)
- 33. By Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre on 2011-09-07
- 32. By Ara Pulido on 2011-09-01
New upstream release (LP: #838745):
* Created a "suspend" suite and renamed relevant tests.
* Removed redundant tests in power-management suite.
* Fixed dependencies in power-management suite.
* Changed name of apt-get test to reflect the suite it's in.
* Fixed typos in job definitions that caused them to not be run.
* Added missing description to info/hdparm test (LP: #832351)
* Quote command to obtain bluetooth address, to avoid hanging if
a device is not present (LP: #836756).
* Added BLUETOOTH category to udev parser.
* Removed some tests from default whitelist.
* Fixed dependencies for keys/sleep.
* Added new USB storage transfer test
* Re-worked and added automated audio test
* Added WIRELESS category to udev parser.
- 31. By Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre on 2011-08-10
New upstream release (LP: #824180):
* Refactored job definition files.
* Fixed dependencies and test naming.
* Added Online CPU before/after suspend test.
* Automated wireless tests.
* Removed redundant sru_suite.txt, updated dependencies accordingly.
* Automated bluetooth_obex tests.
* Further improvements to make frontend/backend communication more reliable.
Prevents stuck backends, failure to close the GUI due to lack of reply
from the backend, and test specifying "user" not being run.
keyboard_ test modified to account for pygi-related GTK API
changes. (LP: #804369)
* scripts/sleep_test: improve handling of NetworkManager DBus API
changes. (LP: #808423)
cdimage_ resource: properly handle releases with "LTS" in their
name (LP: #814085)
* Updated minimum_resolution test as per latest system requirements, leaving
just one unified test. (LP: #767166)
* Checkbox exits with EX_NOINPUT if a whitelist or blacklist file is
specified and cannot be found.
* Deselect a test suite automatically when none of its children is selected,
in the GTK interface. (LP: #651878)
* Make the "Next" button the default action when Enter is pressed, to
streamline testing with the GTK interface.
* Fixed udevam not being found because /sbin not in PATH (LP: #597305)
* Fixed hardware attachments for udev and dmi (LP: #822682)
* Expose the message store to other plugins, via firing an expose-msgstore
* Fix description for nautilus_
file_create job (LP: #821141)
* New header image that follows brand guidelines (LP: #554202)
- 30. By Daniel Manrique on 2011-07-01
[ Marc Tardif ]
* Only reading CHECKBOX_* environment variables in config (LP: #802458)
* Imported scripts and jobs from Platform Services.
[Chad A. Davis]
* Switch to dh_python2 and debhelper7 (LP: #788514)
* Fix checkbox_
clean.run( ) to ignore missing executables, as is the case
in a fresh checkout.
- 28. By Marc Deslauriers on 2011-06-14
New upstream release (LP: #796629):
* Fix timeout in sleep_test script (LP: #665299)
* Fix traces in hyper_text_view module (LP: #796508)
* Added camera test (LP: #764222)
* Fix GUI definition file so main window uses "natural request", growing
when child widgets require so (LP: #776734)
* Fix open/read blocking behavior and backend/frontend communications to
avoid hangs and lingering backends. (LP: #588539)
* Render header text dynamically over the image background, and updated pot
file with the new string. (LP: #621880)
* Improve command line key prompts (LP: #786924)
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)
- Stacked on: