This branch is an import of the HEAD branch of the Git repository at git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git.
Last successful import was 3 hours ago.
- 52678. By Chris 'BinGOs' Williams <email address hidden> 4 hours ago
Update podlators to CPAN version 4.08
podlators 4.08 (2016-09-24)
[Pod::Man] Partially revert change in 4.00 to require the name option
(--name to pod2man) when generating man pages from standard input.
Historically, pod2man silently tolerated this, and there turned out to
be a lot of software that depended on this, making the change too
disruptive. Instead, silently set the man page title to STDIN in this
case, but warn about it in the documentation. (#117990)
[Pod::Man] Fix rendering bug for "TRUE (1)", which was recognized as
needing small caps and then erroneously as a man page reference,
resulting in escaped nroff. (Found by Dan Jacobson with the
:LibXML: :Element man page.) (Debian Bug#836831)
[Pod::Man] Fix rendering bug causing "\s0(1)" to be mistakenly marked
as a man page reference, later confusing backslash escaping.
[Pod::Man] Add new lquote and rquote options (and corresponding
--lquote and --rquote flags to pod2man) to set the left and right
quotes for C<> text independently. (#103298)
Remove test for nested L<> markup, since an upcoming version of
Pod::Simple will drop support for this. (#114075)
- 52677. By Chris 'BinGOs' Williams <email address hidden> 4 hours ago
Update HTTP-Tiny to CPAN version 0.068
0.068 2016-09-23 16:10:03-04:00 America/New_York
- No changes from 0.067-TRIAL.
0.067 2016-09-14 11:43:14-04:00 America/New_York (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Includes redirect history when issuing a 599 internal error.
0.065 2016-09-09 22:42:43-04:00 America/New_York (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Try harder to clean up environment in t/140_proxy.t (needed for VMS)
- 52676. By Chris 'BinGOs' Williams <email address hidden> 4 hours ago
Update Time-HiRes version in Maintainers.pl
- 52675. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 5 hours ago
S_sv_2iuv_common(): optimise single digit strings
When converting a POK SV to an IOK SV, short-cut the relatively
common case of a string that is only one char long and consists of a
single digit, e.g. "0". Thus skipping all the floating-point, infinity,
whitespace etc complexity.
- 52674. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 6 hours ago
pp_leaveloop(): rename local vars
For internal consistency and for consistency with other pp_leave()
functions, rename oldsp to base and mark/MARK to oldsp.
Should be no functional difference.
- 52673. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 6 hours ago
padrange, aelemfast: use label for private bits
Change the output of Concise etc:
$ perl -MO=Concise -e'my (@a,$b,$c); $a;'
3 <0> padrange[@a:1,2; $b:1,2; $c:1,2] vM/LVINTRO,3
5 <0> aelemfast_
lex[@a: 1,2] sR/5
3 <0> padrange[@a:1,2; $b:1,2; $c:1,2] vM/LVINTRO,range=3
5 <0> aelemfast_
lex[@a: 1,2] sR/key=5
- 52672. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 6 hours ago
OP_AVHVSWITCH: make op_private bits 0..1 symbolic
Add OPpAVHVSWITCH_MASK and make Concise etc display the offset as
/offset=2 rather than /2.
- 52671. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 6 hours ago
fixup some AV API pod descriptions.
* improve some of the "perl equivalent" entries; for example
av_store() is *not* like $myarray[$key] = $val, since it replaces the
stored SV with a different SV, rather than just updating the current
* Also change the "perl equivalent" variable names to match the function
parameter names, e.g. $key rather than $idx.
* Don't use 'delete' as a perl equivalent, since delete is discouraged on
* You don't *have* to use av_store() to change undef values inserted by
av_unshift; e.g. you could do av_fetch() then modify the returned
undef SV; so just delete that sentence
- 52670. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 8 hours ago
perldelta for PADOFFSET changes
- 52669. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> on 2016-09-26
make PL_ pad vars be of type PADOFFSET
Now that that PADOFFSET is signed, make
be of type PADOFFSET rather than I32, to match the rest of the pad
At the same time, change various I32 local vars in pad.c functions to be
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)