lp:perl5

Created by Registry Administrators on 2010-05-01 and last modified on 2016-08-26
Get this branch:
bzr branch lp:perl5

Related bugs

Related blueprints

Branch information

Owner:
Registry Administrators
Project:
perl5
Status:
Development

Import details

Import Status: Reviewed

This branch is an import of the HEAD branch of the Git repository at git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git.

The next import is scheduled to run in 5 hours.

Last successful import was 27 minutes ago.

Import started 28 minutes ago on pear and finished 27 minutes ago taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started 6 hours ago on neumayer and finished 6 hours ago taking 2 minutes — see the log
Import started 12 hours ago on pear and finished 12 hours ago taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started 18 hours ago on neumayer and finished 18 hours ago taking 2 minutes — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-25 on pear and finished on 2016-08-25 taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-25 on pear and finished on 2016-08-25 taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-24 on pear and finished on 2016-08-24 taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-24 on pear and finished on 2016-08-24 taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-24 on pear and finished on 2016-08-24 taking 1 minute — see the log
Import started on 2016-08-24 on pear and finished on 2016-08-24 taking 1 minute — see the log

Recent revisions

52493. By Father Chrysostomos <email address hidden> 3 hours ago

perlinterp.pod: Expand the op tree section

based on things that came up in the thread starting at
<email address hidden>.

52492. By Craig A. Berry <email address hidden> 6 hours ago

Remove VMS-specific hacks from showlex.t.

I added this 15 years ago in d0c1fe9a9931bc27, but it isn't
necessary for any VMS version now supported and it has recently
caused the test to start failing under the test suite but not
when run individually. So just get rid of it.

52491. By Karl Williamson <email address hidden> 14 hours ago

locale.c: Use my_strlcat()

strcat() is safe in this context, but some compilers were optimizing
this to strcpy() causing a porting test to fail that looks for unsafe
code. Rather than fighting this, just use my_strlcat(). The code is
rarely executed. But at the same time, I used the return value of that
function to know where to start the next cat in the next loop iteration
without having to have the cat code search for the trailing NUL.

52490. By Karl Williamson <email address hidden> 14 hours ago

perlapi: Document returns from my_strlcat, my_strlcpy

52489. By Karl Williamson <email address hidden> 15 hours ago

PATCH: [perl #129072]: podspec typo

52488. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 17 hours ago

Perl_deb_stack_all() - handle CXt_SUBST better

RT #129029

There's a loop which skips CXt_SUBST context entries - but it
wasn't checking that the *current* cx is that type, but instead
was always checking the base cx and was effectively a noop

Also fixup a few code comments in that function.

52487. By Yves Orton 22 hours ago

restore Internals::hv_clear_placeholders for now

52486. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> on 2016-08-24

tmp fix for Bleadperl breaks Variable-Magic

RT #128989

Prior to my commit v5.25.3-266-g1d7e644, in the absence of the SVs_RMG
flag, av_fetch() used AvFILL() for -ve keys and AvFILLp() for positive
keys. That commit changed it so they both use AvFILLp. This has broken
Variable::Magic 0.59.

As an interim measure, restore the old behaviour.

52485. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> on 2016-08-24

concise.t: work with PERL_UNICODE=""

Fixup some tests I added recently so that they pass with PERL_UNICODE=""
- which causes extra hints bits to be set in nextstate ops.

52484. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> on 2016-08-24

re_untuit_start() avoid overshoot with utf8

RT #129012

re_untuit_start() is run before doing a "proper" regex match, to either
quickly reject a match or to find the earliest position in a string where
the match could occur. Part of its action is to search within the string
for a known substring which forms a part of the pattern.

If that substring is utf8, with multiple bytes per character, then
the calculation of the highest point in the string where its worth
searching for the substring, could overshoot the end of the string.

It's a (mostly) harmless issue, since apart from the issue of reading a
few bytes beyond the end of a string (which might cause a problem if the
string is memory mapped for example), the only concern is that in theory
(although extremely unlikely) a spurious match for a substring could be
found partly beyond the end of the string, resulting in the full RE engine
being called to (correctly) do the match, when otherwise the match could
have been more quickly rejected.

Branch metadata

Branch format:
Branch format 7
Repository format:
Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)
This branch contains Public information 
Everyone can see this information.

Subscribers

No subscribers.