This branch is an import of the HEAD branch of the Git repository at git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git.
Last successful import was 9 minutes ago.
- 45269. By David Mitchell <email address hidden> 1 hour ago
my_plvarsp nulling and PERL_GLOBAL_
STRUCT_ PRIVATE, all "global" vars are in a malloc()d
structure pointed to by the static var my_plvarsp. At exit, this struct is
freed and my_plvarsp is set to NULL.
My previous commit c1181d2b skipped the free if PL_veto_cleanup is set
(as it would be if other threads are still running for example), but
still left my_plvarsp getting set to NULL. Thus other threads could still
deref a null pointer if they accessed a "global" var just as the main
thread was exiting.
This commit makes the veto skip the NULLing in addition to the freeing.
This commit is quite late into the code freeze, but it's a follow-up to the
earlier attempt to get smokes not to fail, and all the affected code is
within #ifdef PERL_GLOBAL_
STRUCT_ PRIVATE, so it shouldn't affect
mainstream builds at all. (Famous last words.)
- 45268. By Karl Williamson <email address hidden> 16 hours ago
perlapi: Clarify NUL handling for 2 fcns; nits
The string input to these two functions must be NUL terminated when the
length parameter is 0.
- 45267. By Steve Hay <email address hidden> 20 hours ago
RMG - Note that the release announcement's web link will be in the email headers
Thanks to Smylers <email address hidden> for this revelation!
nntp.perl. org/group/ perl.perl5. porters/ 214662
- 45266. By Tony Cook <email address hidden> on 2014-04-23
[perl #121662] use a more stringent check for -DPERL_DISABLE_PMC
which Tom produced updated patch for, but then I grabbed the wrong
- 45265. By Tom Hukins <email address hidden> on 2014-04-23
Make the test suite pass with -DPERL_DISABLE_PMC
faab6 introduced new tests that fail when building
perl without PMC support. In such cases, skip these new tests.
- 45264. By Craig A. Berry <email address hidden> on 2014-04-23
Avoid double quotes in switchM.t runperl args.
The new tests added in 9fdd5a7ac74817 were sending runperl a -e
command with double quotes around it, which confuses matters on
VMS where arguments get double quotes added unless they already
have them. The solution is simple: just use the 'prog' parameter
to runperl and let runperl handle the quoting.
- 45263. By Karl Williamson <email address hidden> on 2014-04-23
perldiag: Clarify non-char warning
What to do in this situation is currently subject to ticket
[perl #121226], This more clearly documents what happens now.
- 45262. By Anno Siegel <email address hidden> on 2014-04-21
[perl #121681] fix documentation of delete at the end of an array
- 45261. By Steve Hay <email address hidden> on 2014-04-20
Prepare Module::CoreList for 5.19.12 (not that it's expected to exist...)
- 45260. By Chris 'BinGOs' Williams <email address hidden> on 2014-04-20
Module-CoreList 3.10 released to CPAN
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)