Created by William Reade on 2013-11-07 and last modified on 2013-11-07
Get this branch:
bzr branch lp:~fwereade/juju-core/unit-remove-depart-scopes
Only William Reade can upload to this branch. If you are William Reade please log in for upload directions.

Branch merges

Related bugs

Related blueprints

Branch information

William Reade

Recent revisions

2034. By William Reade on 2013-11-07

merge parent

2033. By William Reade on 2013-11-07

fix lp:1233457 by ensuring that scopes are departed before units are removed

2032. By John A Meinel on 2013-11-05

[r=jameinel] rpc/apiserver: logging improvements

This is a bunch of tweaks to the RPC logging statements to make them
nicer to use.

1) Add wall-clock time to responses. This lets you see quickly how
long a given RPC took to process.

2) Add a unique identifier per-connection. The code was sort of
written around remoteAddr (it collected it, at least), but it turns
out that isn't actually enough. Roger mentioned using the address of
an object, but those can be reused. Using a unique counter allows us
to both guarantee it is unique for the lifetime of the process, and
makes the numbers significantly smaller. I also went with Hex form
to save a couple bytes, but I'm not wedded to it. I could be
convinced that %d would be better than %x. I did go with [%x] to
ensure that you can search for a stream without hitting
prefix/suffix/etc matches.

3) Once the remote side has logged in, the log messages include the
Tag of that entity. I find that to be quite useful (especially to
clarify unit agents from machine agents, etc). The Facade they are
using is already in the requests (as Type).

This is based on my earlier patch that fixes the API endpoint bugs. I
could pull it out if that patch gets rejected, as it isn't an actual
dependency, just code committed after the other one. I don't expect it
will be an actual problem, though.


2031. By John A Meinel on 2013-11-05

[r=jameinel] juju/api: don't warn on aborted connection

I've been playing with Roger's tweak to using cached API addresses
rather than determining them by reading the provider-state file. It
works, but it has a bug that when it successfully connects to the API
with the cached information, it causes the other goroutine to stop
with an "aborted" exception. That was being displayed to the user as a
WARNING which is pretty clearly incorrect. I can understand that we
don't want to silently consume errors, but errAborted should be
treated as control flow logic.

So I made that happen. I wanted to add testing that we output sane
information to the user, but it was clumsy to find the right hook
points. If people feel strongly I can try to track that down, but I
didn't want to lose the patch in flight.


2030. By Andrew Wilkins on 2013-11-05

[r=axwalk],[bug=1246983] cmd/juju: use API for expose/unexpose

Partially fixes #1246983


2029. By Andrew Wilkins on 2013-11-05

[r=axwalk],[bug=1246983] cmd/juju: use API for resolved

Partially fixes #1246983


2028. By Andrew Wilkins on 2013-11-05

[r=axwalk],[bug=1233924],[bug=1247730] environs/simplestreams: fix GetMetadata

GetMetadata was dropping out if a datasource
returned no matching product IDs, without an
error. I've changed it to check that a non-
empty list of products is returned before
bailing out.

Fixes #1233924


2027. By Ian Booth on 2013-11-05

[r=wallyworld] Migrate add/destroy relation cli to use api

The add-realtion and destroy-relation commands are migrated
to use the api.


2026. By Ian Booth on 2013-11-05

[r=wallyworld] Migrate get/set constraints cli to use api

The juju get-constraints and set-constraints commands
now use the api.


2025. By Ian Booth on 2013-11-05

[r=wallyworld] Migrate destroy-unit cli to use api

The destroy-unit command is migrate to use the api.


Branch metadata

Branch format:
Branch format 7
Repository format:
Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)
Stacked on:
This branch contains Public information 
Everyone can see this information.