Main development branch for the ROHC library.
- 1040. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-16
For encoding variable_
length_ 32_enc( flag), the compressed value should be
WLSB-encoded if indicator is 1 or 2.
- 1038. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-15
According to RFC 6846, the CRC of co_common, seq_X and rnd_X packets must
be performed on the uncompressed headers, not on the compressed headers.
- 1037. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-13
TCP profile: greatly improve readability of compression code
Split in separate functions:
- the decision to change operational state
- the detection of fields that changed since previous packets
- the compression of fields (and the number of required bits)
- the decision of the ROHC packet to encode
With those changes, the main functions is much more clean :)
Also, change the way state transitions are performed: stay during several
packets in IR and FO states before performing the transition to higher states.
- 1036. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-13
TCP profile: avoid dumping the IP/TCP headers several times in a row.
- 1035. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-13
TCP profile: do not save the decompressed TCP header in context twice
- 1033. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-13
Tests with the TM500(LTE) equipment by Aeroflex reported a problem with
TCP IR packets. The IR packet is decompressed unsuccessfully with the
After analysis the problem was caused by the compression of TCP options.
The ROHC library sends the full TCP options as items (type, length, data)
while it should be sent compressed (see *_list_item starting at page 65
of RFC 6846):
Add the TCP stream compressed by the Aeroflex TM500(LTE) equipment as
interoperability and non-regression tests.
- 1032. By Didier Barvaux on 2014-04-13
Introduce interoperability tests of the ROHC library with other implementations.
Add a new small test tool named 'test_interop' to ease the analysis of
interoperability problems: it tests the interoperability of the ROHC
library with other implementation.
The tool takes one ROHC flow and one related uncompressed flow (the
ROHC being generated by another ROHC implementation from the
uncompressed flow) as input and checks whether the ROHC library is
able to decompress the ROHC flow the same way the other equipment.
Also add 2 couples of network captures from the Aeroflex TM500 equipment.
The ROHC library currently fails to decompress them correctly.
- Branch format:
- Branch format 7
- Repository format:
- Bazaar repository format 2a (needs bzr 1.16 or later)