Merge lp:~arky/ubuntu/karmic/envyng-core/fix-411915 into lp:ubuntu/karmic/envyng-core

Proposed by arky on 2009-09-04
Status: Merged
Merge reported by: James Westby
Merged at revision: not available
Proposed branch: lp:~arky/ubuntu/karmic/envyng-core/fix-411915
Merge into: lp:ubuntu/karmic/envyng-core
Diff against target: None lines
To merge this branch: bzr merge lp:~arky/ubuntu/karmic/envyng-core/fix-411915
Reviewer Review Type Date Requested Status
Alberto Milone 2009-09-09 Approve on 2009-09-09
Ubuntu branches 2009-09-04 Pending
Review via email: mp+11231@code.launchpad.net
To post a comment you must log in.
arky (arky) wrote :

Fix for bug 411915

James Westby (james-w) wrote :

Hi Alberto,

The change looks good to me, but you are set
as "Maintainer" of this package.

Thanks,

James

Alberto Milone (albertomilone) wrote :

> Hi Alberto,
>
> The change looks good to me, but you are set
> as "Maintainer" of this package.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

It looks good to me too. After all it's a typo.

review: Approve
James Westby (james-w) wrote :

> > Hi Alberto,
> >
> > The change looks good to me, but you are set
> > as "Maintainer" of this package.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > James
>
> It looks good to me too. After all it's a typo.

Thanks Alberto, would you like me to upload?

Thanks,

James

Alberto Milone (albertomilone) wrote :

> > > Hi Alberto,
> > >
> > > The change looks good to me, but you are set
> > > as "Maintainer" of this package.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > James
> >
> > It looks good to me too. After all it's a typo.
>
> Thanks Alberto, would you like me to upload?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Yes, please proceed with the upload.

Thanks,

Alberto

James Westby (james-w) wrote :

Ok, because I forgot to upload this straight away it now
fails to build.

There is a new python-distutils-extra in the archive, 2.10,
and so this check now fails:

  assert DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__ >= '2.4', 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto >= 2.4'

because it's not a version number comparison.

Not too hard to fix, I'm not sure what an elegant way to do so
is. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

Alberto Milone (albertomilone) wrote :

> Ok, because I forgot to upload this straight away it now
> fails to build.
>
> There is a new python-distutils-extra in the archive, 2.10,
> and so this check now fails:
>
> assert DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__ >= '2.4', 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto
> >= 2.4'
>
> because it's not a version number comparison.
>
> Not too hard to fix, I'm not sure what an elegant way to do so
> is. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

This works:

assert DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__ >= '2.10', 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto >= 2.10'

or, if you want to compare floating point numbers:
assert float(DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__) >= 2.10, 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto >= 2.10'

Regards,

Alberto

James Westby (james-w) wrote :

> assert DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__ >= '2.10', 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto
> >= 2.10'
>
> or, if you want to compare floating point numbers:
> assert float(DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__) >= 2.10, 'needs
> DistUtilsExtra.auto >= 2.10'

Well, that's changing the requirement isn't it? Plus it will make
2.2 pass the check, when it isn't supported.

Thanks,

James

Alberto Milone (albertomilone) wrote :

> > assert DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__ >= '2.10', 'needs DistUtilsExtra.auto
> > >= 2.10'
> >
> > or, if you want to compare floating point numbers:
> > assert float(DistUtilsExtra.auto.__version__) >= 2.10, 'needs
> > DistUtilsExtra.auto >= 2.10'
>
> Well, that's changing the requirement isn't it? Plus it will make
> 2.2 pass the check, when it isn't supported.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Yes, I know. The problem is really in python-distutils-extra (see bug #428337)

Preview Diff

[H/L] Next/Prev Comment, [J/K] Next/Prev File, [N/P] Next/Prev Hunk
1=== modified file 'Envy/packagemanager.py'
2--- Envy/packagemanager.py 2009-08-21 14:25:32 +0000
3+++ Envy/packagemanager.py 2009-09-04 19:58:49 +0000
4@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@
5
6 def start(self):
7 if self.isText:
8- print >> stderr, '\nDowloading the packages...'
9+ print >> stderr, '\nDownloading the packages...'
10 #print >> stderr, 'Starting Fetch process'
11
12 def stop(self):
13
14=== modified file 'Envy/ui.py'
15--- Envy/ui.py 2008-09-13 12:54:52 +0000
16+++ Envy/ui.py 2009-09-04 19:58:49 +0000
17@@ -155,10 +155,10 @@
18 self.string_menu_header_installed = self._('Installed Version')
19 self.string_menu_header_compatible = self._('Compatible')
20 self.string_menu_header_recommended = self._('Recommended')
21- self.string_text_download = self._('Dowloading File')
22+ self.string_text_download = self._('Downloading File')
23 self.string_text_error = self._('Error')
24 self.string_text_success = self._('Success')
25- self.string_package_download = self._('Dowloading Package')
26+ self.string_package_download = self._('Downloading Package')
27 self.string_package_install = self._('Installing Package')
28 self.string_explanation = self._('Please select the driver you wish to install.\n\
29 \n\
30
31=== modified file 'debian/changelog'
32--- debian/changelog 2009-08-21 14:25:32 +0000
33+++ debian/changelog 2009-09-04 19:58:49 +0000
34@@ -1,3 +1,9 @@
35+envyng-core (2.0.1ubuntu3) karmic; urgency=low
36+
37+ * Changed 'Dowloading' to 'Downloading' (LP: #411915)
38+
39+ -- Rakesh 'arky' Ambati <rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com> Sat, 05 Sep 2009 01:26:10 +0530
40+
41 envyng-core (2.0.1ubuntu2) karmic; urgency=low
42
43 * Envy/packagemanager.py

Subscribers

People subscribed via source and target branches

to all changes: